He confirmed that there had been no withdrawal. Spokesman of STC: Who are we handing over these camps to?

He confirmed that there had been no withdrawal. Spokesman of STC: Who are we handing over these camps to?


Nizar Haitham, spokesman for the UAE-backed Southern Transitional Council, confirmed that "there is no withdrawal" of the "Council" forces from the positions and camps they have taken control of in Aden in recent days.

"Who are we going to hand over these camps to? This should be discussed during the talks called for by the Coalition." He said to Blomberg news.

In recent days, the UAE-backed Transitional Council (STC) has carried out a military coup in the interim capital, Aden, during which it took control of the government's legitimate camps and the Ma'ashiq Palace, the government's headquarters.

Following the coup, the Arab Coalition requested an immediate ceasefire and the immediate return of all military components and formations from the transitional and security belt forces to their positions and to withdraw from the positions they had captured in the past days, and not to harm public and private property, as he called To "Come to the Kingdom for dialogue and resolve the dispute."

"Southerners are ready to reach a political compromise away from the hegemony or guardianship of the Muslim Brotherhood or the Houthis," Haitham said.

On Monday, two military and local sources confirmed to Al-Masdar Online that the "transitional" forces have not withdrawn from any military or civilian positions, and are still in control of the Ma'ashiq Palace and the presidential brigades.

This information is consistent with the speeches and statements made by the leaders of the "transitional" where Hani Ben Brik, vice president of the "transitional", announced the council's refusal to withdraw its forces or participate in negotiations under the threat of aircraft, reminding Saudi Arabia of its inability to resolve the battle with the Houthis for five years.

In the context, Aydros Zubeidi, the head of the "transitional" did not give any sign of withdrawal from the sites, promised to take control of other areas such as the Hadramaut Valley, Bayhan in Shabwa province, which are under the control of the legitimate government, and Mukairas, which is under the control of the Houthi group, from what he described as "terrorism".

On Sunday, the Saudi King met with the Yemeni president, his deputy and prime minister, and confirmed his government's commitment to the goals of Storm of Firmness in protecting legitimacy and restoring Yemen under its authority, stressing the kingdom's rejection of the practices of southern transition, according to the state-run Saba news agency.


Share


Print Send